General Circular No.39/2020
F. No. 2/6/2020-CL-V
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5th Floor, ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
Dr. R. P. Road, New Delhi
Dated: 31st December, 2020
All Regional Directors,
All Registrar of Companies,
Subject: Clarification on passing of ordinary and special resolutions by companies under the Companies Act,2013 read with rules made thereunder on account of COVID-19- Extension of time -reg.
In continuation to this Ministry’s General Circulars No.14/2020 dated 8th April, 2020, No.17/2020 dated 13th April, 2020, No.22/2020 dated 15.06.2020 and No.33/2020 dated 28.09.2020 and after due examination, it has been decided to allow companies to conduct their EGMs through VC or OAVM or transact items through postal ballot in accordance with the framework provided in the aforesaid Circulars upto 30th June, 2021. All other requirements provided in the said Circulars shall remain unchanged.
2. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
Assistant Director (policy)
Copy forwarded for information to:-1. e-governance section and web contents officer to place the circular on MCA website and 2. Guard file.
List of past Circulars:
- General Circular No. 10/2021 dated: 23rd June, 2021
- General Circulars No. 14/2020 dated 8th April, 2020,
- General No. 17/2020 dated 13th April, 2020,
- General No. 22/2020 dated 15.06.2020,
- General No. 33/2020 dated 28.09.2020 and
- General Circular 39/2020 dated 31.12.2020
Go to Notifications and Circulars Dashboard