MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 27th October, 2023
G.S.R. 802(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 29 read with section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules, 2014, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. ‐ (1) These rules may be called the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Second Amendment Rules, 2023.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Rules, 2014 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules) rule 9 shall be numbered as sub-rule (1) thereof, and after sub-rule (1) as so numbered, the following sub-rules shall be inserted, namely: –
“(2) Every public company which issued share warrants prior to commencement of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013) and not converted into shares shall, –
(a) within a period of three months of the commencement of the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Second Amendment Rules, 2023 inform the Registrar about the details of such share warrants in Form PAS-7; and
(b) within a period of six months of the commencement of the Companies (Prospectus and Allotment of Securities) Second Amendment Rules, 2023, require the bearers of the share warrants to surrender such warrants to the company and get the shares dematerialised in their account and for this purpose the company shall place a notice for the bearers of share warrants in Form PAS-8 on the website of the company, if any and shall also publish the same in a newspaper in the vernacular language which is in circulation in the district and in English language in an English newspaper, widely circulated in the State in which the registered office of the company is situated.
(3) In case any bearer of share warrant does not surrender the share warrants within the period referred to in sub-rule (2), the company shall convert the such share warrants into dematerialised form and transfer the same to the Investor Education and Protection Fund established under section 125 of the Act.”
3. After rule 9A of the said rules, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“9B. Issue of securities in dematerialised form by private companies:- (1) Every private company, other than a small company, shall within the period referred to in sub-rule (2) –
(a) issue the securities only in dematerialised form; and
(b) facilitate dematerialisation of all its securities,
in accordance with provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 (22 of 1996) and regulations made thereunder.
(2) A private company, which as on last day of a financial year, ending on or after 31st March, 2023, is not a small company as per audited financial statements for such financial year, shall, within eighteen months of closure of such financial year, comply with the provisions of this rule.
(3) Every private company referred to in sub-rule (2) making any offer for issue of any securities or buyback of securities or issue of bonus shares or rights offer, after the date when it is required to comply with this rule, shall ensure that before making such offer, entire holding of securities of its promoters, directors, key managerial personnel has been dematerialised in accordance with the provisions of the Depositories Act, 1996 (22 of 1996) and regulations made thereunder.
(4) Every holder of securities of the private company referred to in sub-rule (2),-
(a) who intends to transfer such securities on or after the date when the company is required to comply with this rule, shall get such securities dematerialised before the transfer; or
(b) who subscribes to any securities of the concerned private company whether by way of private placement or bonus shares or rights offer on or after the date when the company is required to comply with this rule shall ensure that all his securities are held in dematerialised form before such subscription.
(5) The provisions of sub-rules (4) to (10) of rule 9A shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to the dematerialisation of securities under this rule.
(6) The provisions of this rule shall not apply in case of a Government company.”.
4. In the Annexure to the said rules, after the Form PAS-6, the following Forms shall be inserted, namely:-
Go to Notifications and Circulars Dashboard