Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
Extracts from the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendement) Act, 2015
(3 of 2016)
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This Act may be called the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 23rd October, 2015.
* * * * *
26. Act not to apply to pending arbitral proceedings.—Nothing contained in this Act shall apply to the arbitral proceedings commenced, in accordance with the provisions of section 21 of the principal Act, before the commencement of this Act unless the parties otherwise agree but this Act shall apply in relation to arbitral proceedings commenced on or after the date of commencement of this Act.
27. Repeal and savings.—(1) The Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2015 (Ord. 9 of 2015), is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of the principal Act, as amended by this Act.