INSOLVENCY AND BANKRUPTCY BOARD OF INDIA
New Delhi, the 13th April, 2021
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Information Utilities) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021
No. IBBI/2021-22/GN/REG072.—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 196 read with section 240 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (31 of 2016), the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017, namely:-
1. (1) These Regulations may be called the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Information Utilities) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021.
(2) These Regulations shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Information Utilities) Regulations, 2017, (hereinafter referred to as the principal regulations), in regulation 15, in sub-regulation (3), after clause (b), the following clauses shall be inserted, namely:―
“(ba) minimum service quality standards, including timelines for –
(i) registration of users,
(ii) issuance of record of default, and
(iii) issuance of annual statement to registered users.
(bb) adoption of quality standards and quality standards certifications.”
3. In the principal regulations, in regulation 27, for sub-regulation (1), the following sub-regulation shall be substituted, namely: –
“(1) A user, who has submitted information in Form C of the Schedule to an information utility, shall submit the information updated as on the last day of every month, in the first week of following month:
Provided that information of default shall be updated within seven days of occurrence of default.”
4. In the principal regulations, after regulation 36, the following regulation shall be inserted, namely:-
“36A. Publication of statistical information –
(1) An information utility shall publish statistics relating to debt related information in its possession, quarterly.
(2) The statistics in sub-regulation (1) shall provide distribution of debts in terms of currency, geography, sector, size, tenor, type, lending arrangement, and incidence of default.”
5. In the principal regulations, in the Schedule, for Form C, the following Form shall be substituted, namely:-
Go to Notifications and Circulars Dashboard