NATIONAL COMPANY LAW APPELLATE TRIBUNAL PRINCIPAL BENCH
3rd Floor, Mahanagar Doorsanchar Sadan
(M.T.N.L. Building), 9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi — 110003
Dated: 17th May 2021
In the light of sudden and exponential surge in COVID-19 cases, the Competent Authority was pleased to modify the Calendar with respect to Summer Vacation at Principal Bench and preponed the same vide Office Order – File No.10/106/2017-NCLAT, dated 19th April, 2021;
Whereas the period of Vacation at Principal Bench at New Delhi is coming to an end, however, the COVID-19 situation continues to be a matter of serious concern;
Whereas some of the Members/officials of NCLAT or their family members have tested positive for COVID-19 and as affected or due to close contact are under medical treatment/quarantined.
Hence, in view of the above and alarming rise in the COVID-19 cases in the NCT of Delhi and considering SOP on Preventive Measures to Contain Spread of COVID-19 in Offices dated 4th June, 2020 and further directions issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare from time to time, the Competent Authority of NCLAT has been pleased to pass the following directions for Principal Bench at New Delhi:-
1. The normal sittings of NCLAT Benches at Principal Bench of NCLAT scheduled for 21st May, 24th May, 25th May, 27th May and 28th May of 2021 are suspended.
2. The matters already scheduled/listed for hearings on 21st May, 24th May, 25th May, 27th May and 28th May of 2021 stand adjourned and next dates of hearings will be notified later.
3. However, if on the aforesaid dates, there is any matter in which there is extreme urgency, the Ld. Advocate/Authorised Representative/ Party-in person may send e-mail (with copy to opposite side/s) giving grounds as to what is the extreme urgency to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registry shall process the same and such matters with the email may be listed by Registry under the head of “Directions” before the Bench on an early date as may be notified.
4. As regards matters filed before 4th January, 2021 and those matters which are not available in electronic mode, if in such matters Ld. Advocates/ Authorised Representatives/ Parties-in-person seek extreme urgency and email for extreme urgent hearing as mentioned in Para 3 is acted upon by the Bench, the parties will file convenience compilations, in electronic mode, from record of the matter, which they would rely on at the time of such hearing as the Bench may direct. Parties will exchange the convenience compilations between them before the date of such hearing.
5. Further, urgent matters other than those referred in para. 2 & 3 supra, may be taken up and listed for Directions before the Bench as per the decision of the competent authority, upon e-mail (with copy to opposite side/s) having been sent to email@example.com stating the urgency, by learned Advocate/ Authorised Representative /Party-in-Person.
6. The Bench/Benches nominated by the Hon’ble Officiating Chairperson shall hear the matters through virtual mode (Video Conferencing) with Member/ Members connected either from Tribunal or their Residential Office/s at NCR.
7. E-filing of cases shall continue to be operational. Fresh Cases filed in Registry would also continue to be listed before nominated Bench/Benches.
By Order of Hon’ble the Officiating Chairperson.
Go to Notifications and Circulars Dashboard