The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
Act No. 3 of 1930
[15th March, 1930.]
An Act to define and amend the law relating to the sale of goods.
WHEREAS it is expedient to define and amend the law relating to the sale of goods; It is hereby enacted as follows:-
Section 1: Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the 1[***] Sale of Goods Act, 1930.
2[(2) It extends to the whole of India 3[***.]
(3) It shall come into force on the 1st day of July, 1930.
1. The word “Indian” omitted by Act 33 of 1963, s. 2 (w.e.f. 22-9-1963).
2. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for sub-section (2).
3. The words “except the State of Jammu and Kashmir” omitted by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).
The Act has been extended to Berar by Act 4 of 1941, to Dadra and Nagar Haveli by Reg. 6 of 1963, s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 1-7-1965); to Goa, Daman and Diu by Reg. 11 of 1963, s. 3 and the Schedule; to Pondicherry by the Pondicherry (Extension of Laws) Act, 1968, s. 3 and Schedule; to Lakshadweep by Reg. 8 of 1965, s. 3 and the Schedule (w.e f. 1-10-1967); and to Sikkim on 1-91984 vide Notification No. S.O. 645 (E), dated 24-8-1984, Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Pt. II, Sec. 3(11).
Bare Acts: Click here for Category wise Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Chapter wise Companies Act, 2013, Arbitration Act and other bare acts. Click here for Rules & Regulations. Click here for Notifications & Circulars.
Disclaimer: Please refer original contents.