The Legal Services Authorities Act,1987
State Legal Services Authority
Section 11A: Taluk Legal Services Committee.
1[11A. (1) The State Authority may constitute a Committee, to be called the Taluk Legal Services Committee, for each taluk or mandal or for group of taluks or mandals.
(2) The Committee shall consist of—
(a) The 2[senior-most Judicial Officer] operating within the jurisdiction of the Committee who shall be the ex officio Chairman; and
(b) such number of other members, possessing such experience and qualifications, as may be prescribed by the State Government, to be nominated by that Government in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court.
(3) The Committee may appoint such number of officers and other employees as may be prescribed by the State Government in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court for the efficient discharge of its functions.
(4) The officers and other employees of the Committee shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be subject to such other conditions of service as may be prescribed by the State Government in consultation with the Chief Justice of the High Court.
(5) The administrative expenses of the Committee shall be defrayed out of the District Legal Aid Fund by the District Authority.]
1. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 29-10-1994).
2. Substituted by the Legal Services Authorities (Amendment) Act 2002, for, for “senior Civil Judge” (w.e.f. 11-6-2002).