The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy for Individuals and Partnership Firms
Bankruptcy Order for Individuals and Partnership Firms
Section 125: Appointment of insolvency professional as bankruptcy trustee:
125. (1) If an insolvency professional is proposed as the bankruptcy trustee in the application for bankruptcy under section 122 or section 123, the Adjudicating Authority
shall direct the Board within seven days of receiving the application for bankruptcy to confirm that there are no disciplinary proceedings pending against such professional.
(2) The Board shall within ten days of the receipt of the direction under sub-section (1) in writing either—
(a) confirm the appointment of the proposed insolvency professional as the bankruptcy trustee for the bankruptcy process; or
(b) reject the appointment of the proposed insolvency professional as the bankruptcy trustee and nominate another bankruptcy trustee for the bankruptcy process.
(3) Where a bankruptcy trustee is not proposed by the debtor or creditor under section 122 or 123, the Adjudicating Authority shall direct the Board within seven days of receiving the application to nominate a bankruptcy trustee for the bankruptcy process.
(4) The Board shall nominate a bankruptcy trustee within ten days of receiving the direction of the Adjudicating Authority under sub-section (3).
(5) The bankruptcy trustee confirmed or nominated under this section shall be appointed as the bankruptcy trustee by the Adjudicating Authority in the bankruptcy order under section 126.