The General Clauses Act, 1897
Powers and Functionaries
Section 14: Powers conferred to be exercisable from time to time.
14. (1) Where, by any 1[Central Act] or Regulation made after the commencement of this Act, any power is conferred 2[***], then 3[unless a different intention appears] that power may be exercised from time to time as occasion requires.
(2) This section applies also to all 4[Central Acts] and Regulations made on or after the fourteenth day day of January, 1887.
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for “Act of the Governor General in Council”.
2. The words “on the Government” omitted by Act 18 of 1919, s. 2 and the First Schedule.
3. Ins. by s. 2 and the First Schedule by Act 18 of 1919.
Disclaimer: Please refer Bare Act for original contents. Click here to access All Acts