The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy for Individuals and Partnership Firms
Bankruptcy Order for Individuals and Partnership Firms
Section 147: Vacancy in office of bankruptcy trustee:
*147. (1) If a vacancy occurs in the office of the bankruptcy trustee for any reason other than his replacement or resignation, the vacancy shall be filled in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) In the event of the occurrence of vacancy referred to in sub-section (1), the Adjudicating Authority shall direct the Board for replacementof a bankruptcy trustee.
(3) The Board shall, within ten days of the direction of the Adjudicating Authority under sub-section (2), recommenda bankruptcy trustee as a replacement.
(4) The Adjudicating Authority shall appoint the bankruptcy trustee recommended by the Board under sub-section (3) within fourteen days of receiving the recommendation.
(5) The earlier bankruptcy trustee shall deliver possession of the estate of the bankrupt to the bankruptcy trustee appointed under sub-section (4), on the date of his appointment.
(6) The Adjudicating Authority may give directions to the bankruptcy trustee who has vacated the office—
(a) to share all information with the new bankruptcy trustee in respect of the bankruptcy;
(b) to co-operate with the new bankruptcy trustee in such matters as may be required.”
(7) The bankruptcy trustee appointed under sub-section (4) shall give a notice of his appointment to the committee of creditors and the bankrupt within seven days of his appointment.
(8) The earlier bankruptcy trustee replaced under this section shall be released in accordance with the provisions of section 148:
Provided that this section shall not apply if the vacancy has occurred due to temporary illness or temporary leave of the bankruptcy trustee.
Notifications & Circulars
*Only in so far as they relate to personal guarantors to corporate debtors, shall come into force w.e.f. 01.12.2019.