The Mediation Act, 2023
Chapter-V Mediation Proceedings
Section 15: Conduct of Mediation.
15. (1) The mediation process shall be conducted in the manner as may be specified.
(2) The mediator shall assist the parties in an independent, neutral and impartial manner in their attempt to reach an amicable settlement of their dispute.
(3) The mediator shall at all times be guided by the principles of objectivity and fairness and protect the voluntariness, confidentiality and self-determination of the parties, and the standards for professional and ethical conduct as may be specified.
(4) The mediation process may include the mediator taking such measures as may be considered appropriate, taking into account the circumstances of the case, including meeting with parties or participants, jointly or separately, as frequently as deemed fit by the mediator, both in order to convene the mediation, and during the mediation for the orderly and timely conduct of the process and to maintain its integrity.
(5) The mediator shall not be bound by the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, or the Indian Evidence Act, 1872.
(6) The mediator with the consent of the parties shall determine the language or languages to be used in the mediation process.
IBC Laws specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any such Material or the same being up-to-date. IBC Laws periodically updates the Material on this Site whenever amendments are made by Parliament. Refer disclaimer here.