The New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Act, 2019
Acquisition and Transfer of Undertakings of Society
Section 20: Meetings of Centre.
20. (1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Centre:
Provided that, in his absence, the Member chosen by the other Members present amongst themselves shall preside at the meetings.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson to ensure that the decisions taken by the Centre are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as are assigned to him under this Act.
(4) The Centre shall meet at least four times a year and follow such procedure in its meetings including quorum at such meetings in such manner as may be specified by the regulations.
(5) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Centre shall be–
(a) decided by a majority of votes by the Members present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson or in his absence, the person presiding, shall have a casting vote;
(b) dealt with as expeditiously as possible and the Centre shall dispose of the same within a period of sixty days from the date of receipt of the application:
Provided that where any such application could not be disposed of within the said period of sixty days, the Centre shall record its reasons in writing for not disposing of the application within that period.
(6) The Chairperson may invite any expert, not being a Member, to attend the meetings of the Centre, but such invitee shall not be entitled to vote at the meeting.
Disclaimer: Please refer Bare Act for original contents. Click here to access All Acts