The General Clauses Act, 1897
Provisions as to Orders, Rules, etc., made under Enactments
Section 21: Power to issue, to include power to add to, amend, vary or rescind notifications, orders, rules or bye-laws.
21. Where, by any 1[Central Act] or Regulations a power to 2[issue notifications,] orders, rules or bye-laws is conferred, then that power includes a power, exercisable in the like manner and subject to the like sanction and conditions (if any), to add to, amend, vary or rescind any 3[notifications,] orders, rules or bye-laws so 4[issued].
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for “Act of the Governor General in Council”.
2. Subs. by Act 1 of 1903, s. 3 and the Second Schedule, for “make”.
3. Ins. by s. 3 and the Second Schedule by Act 1 of 1903.
4. Subs. by s. 3 and the Second Schedule by Act 1 of 1903, for “made”.
Disclaimer: Please refer Bare Act for original contents. Click here to access All Acts