The Companies Act, 2013
Chapter-XIV Inspection, Inquiry and Investigation
Section 223: Inspector’s report.
*223. (1) An inspector appointed under this Chapter may, and if so directed by the Central Government shall, submit interim reports to that Government, and on the conclusion of the investigation, shall submit a final report to the Central Government.
(2) Every report made under sub-section (1) shall be in writing or printed as the Central Government may direct.
(3) A copy of the report made under sub-section (1) may be obtained 1[by members, creditors or any other person whose interest is likely to be affected] by making an application in this regard to the Central Government.
(4) The report of any inspector appointed under this Chapter shall be authenticated either—
(a) 2[by the seal, if any,] of the company whose affairs have been investigated; or
(b) by a certificate of a public officer having the custody of the report, as provided under section 76 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872,
and such report shall be admissible in any legal proceeding as evidence in relation to any matter contained in the report.
(5) Nothing in this section shall apply to the report referred to in section 212.
*Effective from 01.04.2014.
1. Inserted by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017, w.e.f. 09.02.2018[S.O. 630(E) dated 09.02.2018].
2. Substituted by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2015, w.e.f. 29.05.2015[S.O. 1440(E) dated 29.05.2015], for the words “by the seal“.
Access complete Bare Act here and Notification and Circular here.
IBC Laws specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any such Material or the same being up-to-date. IBC Laws periodically updates the Material on this Site whenever amendments are made by Parliament. Refer disclaimer here.