The Mediation Act, 2023
Chapter-X Community Mediation
Section 44: Procedure for Community Mediation.
44. (1) Any community mediation shall be conducted by the panel of three community mediators referred to in sub-section (3) of section 43 who shall devise suitable procedure for the purpose of resolving the dispute.
(2) The community mediators shall endeavour to resolve disputes through community mediation and provide assistance to parties for resolving disputes amicably.
(3) In every case where a settlement agreement is arrived at through community mediation under this Act, the same may be reduced into writing with the signature of the parties and authenticated by the community mediators, a copy of which be provided to the parties and in cases where no settlement agreement is arrived at, a non-settlement report may be submitted by the community mediators to the Authority or the District Magistrate or the Sub-Divisional Magistrate, as the case may be, and to the parties.
(4) Any settlement agreement arrived at under this Chapter shall be for the purpose of maintaining the peace, harmony and tranquillity amongst the residents or families of any area or locality but shall not be enforceable as a judgment or decree of a civil court.
(5) The provisions of section 20 shall, mutatis mutandis apply, in relation to the registration of mediated settlement agreement under this section.
IBC Laws specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any such Material or the same being up-to-date. IBC Laws periodically updates the Material on this Site whenever amendments are made by Parliament. Refer disclaimer here.