The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Part-II Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation for Corporate Persons
Chapter-IIIA Pre-Packaged Insolvency Resolution Process
Section 54C: Application to initiate pre-packaged insolvency resolution process.
1[54C. (1) Where a corporate debtor meets the requirements of section 54A, a corporate applicant thereof may file an application with the Adjudicating Authority for initiating pre-packaged insolvency resolution process.
(2) The application under sub-section (1) shall be filed in such form, containing such particulars, in such manner and accompanied with such fee as may be prescribed.
(3) The corporate applicant shall, along with the application, furnish-
(a) the declaration, special resolution or resolution, as the case may be, and the approval of financial creditors for initiating pre-packaged insolvency resolution process in terms of section 54A;
(b) the name and written consent, in such form as may be specified, of the insolvency professional proposed to be appointed as resolution professional, as approved under clause (e) of sub-section (2) of section 54A, and his report as referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 54B;
(c) a declaration regarding the existence of any transactions of the corporate debtor that may be within the scope of provisions in respect of avoidance of transactions under Chapter III or fraudulent or wrongful trading under Chapter VI, in such form as may be specified;
(d) information relating to books of account of the corporate debtor and such other documents relating to such period as may be specified.
(4) The Adjudicating Authority shall, within a period of fourteen days of the receipt of the application, by an order,-
(a) admit the application, if it is complete; or
(b) reject the application, if it is incomplete:
Provided that the Adjudicating Authority shall, before rejecting an application, give notice to the applicant to rectify the defect in the application within seven days from the date of receipt of such notice from the Adjudicating Authority.
(5) The pre-packaged insolvency resolution process shall commence from the date of admission of the application under clause (a) of sub-section (4).]
1. Ins. by the IBC (Amendment) Ordinance, 2021, w.e.f. 04.04.2021.
Disclaimer: Please refer Bare Act for original contents. Click here to access All Acts