The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006
Chapter-III Classification of Enterprises, Advisory Committee and Memorandum of Micro, Small And Medium Enterprises
Section 8: Memorandum of micro, small and medium enterprises.
8. (1) Any person who intends to establish,—
(a) a micro or small enterprise, may, at his discretion; or
(b) a medium enterprise engaged in providing or rendering of services may, at his discretion; or
(c) a medium enterprise engaged in the manufacture or production of goods pertaining to any industry specified in the First Schedule to the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (65 of 1951),
shall file the memorandum of micro, small or, as the case may be, of medium enterprise with such authority as may be specified by the State Government under sub-section (4) or the Central Government under sub-section (3):
Provided that any person who, before the commencement of this Act, established—
(a) a small scale industry and obtained a registration certificate, may, at his discretion; and
(b) an industry engaged in the manufacture or production of goods pertaining to any industry specified in the First Schedule to the Industries (Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (65 of 1951), having investment in plant and machinery of more than one crore rupees but not exceeding ten crore rupees and, in pursuance of the notification of the Government of India in the erstwhile Ministry of Industry (Department of Industrial Development) number S.O. 477(E), dated the 25th July, 1991 filed an Industrial Entrepreneur’s Memorandum,
shall within one hundred and eighty days from the commencement of this Act, file the memorandum, in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
(2) The form of the memorandum, the procedure of its filing and other matters incidental thereto shall be such as may be notified by the Central Government after obtaining the recommendations of the Advisory Committee in this behalf.
(3) The authority with which the memorandum shall be filed by a medium enterprise shall be such as may be specified, by notification, by the Central Government.
(4) The State Government shall, by notification, specify the authority with which a micro or small enterprise may file the memorandum.
(5) The authorities specified under sub-sections (3) and (4) shall follow, for the purposes of this section, the procedure notified by the Central Government under sub-section (2).
IBC Laws specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any such Material or the same being up-to-date. IBC Laws periodically updates the Material on this Site whenever amendments are made by Parliament. Refer disclaimer here.