The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Part-III Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy for Individuals and Partnership Firms
Chapter-III Insolvency Resolution Process
Section 97: Appointment of resolution professional.
*97. (1) If the application under section 94 or 95 is filed through a resolution professional, the Adjudicating Authority shall direct the Board within seven days of the date of the application to confirm that there are no disciplinary proceedings pending against resolution professional.
(2) The Board shall within seven days of receipt of directions under sub-section (1) communicate to the Adjudicating Authority in writing either—
(a) confirming the appointment of the resolution professional; or
(b) rejecting the appointment of the resolution professional and nominating another resolution professional for the insolvency resolution process.
(3) Where an application under section 94 or 95 is filed by the debtor or the creditor himself, as the case may be, and not through the resolution professional, the Adjudicating Authority shall direct the Board, within seven days of the filing of such application, to nominate a resolution professional for the insolvency resolution process.
(4) The Board shall nominate a resolution professional within ten days of receiving the direction issued by the Adjudicating Authority under sub-section (3).
(5) The Adjudicating Authority shall by order appoint the resolution professional recommended under sub-section (2) or as nominated by the Board under sub-section (4).
(6) A resolution professional appointed by the Adjudicating Authority under sub-section (5) shall be provided a copy of the application for insolvency resolution process.
*Only in so far as they relate to personal guarantors to corporate debtors, came into force w.e.f. 01.12.2019.