The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
Part-II Insolvency Resolution and Liquidation for Corporate Persons
Chapter-II Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process
Section 22: Appointment of resolution professional.
*22. (1) The first meeting of the committee of creditors shall be held within seven days of the constitution of the committee of creditors.
(2) The committee of creditors, may, in the first meeting, by a majority vote of not less than 1[sixty-six] per cent. of the voting share of the financial creditors, either resolve to appoint the interim resolution professional as a resolution professional or to replace the interim resolution professional by another resolution professional.
(3) Where the committee of creditors resolves under sub-section (2)—
(a) to continue the interim resolution professional as resolution professional 2[subject to a written consent from the interim resolution professional in the specified form], it shall communicate its decision to the interim resolution professional, the corporate debtor and the Adjudicating Authority; or
(b) to replace the interim resolution professional, it shall file an application before the Adjudicating Authority for the appointment of the proposed resolution professional 2[along with a written consent from the proposed resolution professional in the specified form].
(4) The Adjudicating Authority shall forward the name of the resolution professional proposed under clause (b) of sub-section (3) to the Board for its confirmation and shall make such appointment after confirmation by the Board.
(5) Where the Board does not confirm the name of the proposed resolution professional within ten days of the receipt of the name of the proposed resolution professional, the Adjudicating Authority shall, by order, direct the interim resolution professional to continue to function as the resolution professional until such time as the Board confirms the appointment of the proposed resolution professional.
*Effective from 01.12.2016.
1. Subs. by the IBC (Second Amendment) Act, 2018, w.e.f. 06.06.2018, for the word “seventy-five”.
2. Ins. by the IBC (Second Amendment) Act, 2018, w.e.f. 06.06.2018.
IBC Laws specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of any such Material or the same being up-to-date. IBC Laws periodically updates the Material on this Site whenever amendments are made by Parliament. Refer disclaimer here.